background

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

A little paint goes a long way.

As soon as I finished the cleaning phase of making my house a home, I immediately addressed the horrible choice in paint colors the former owners had. In most of the house we had a really blah shade of a greyish beige. It really made everything look a little dark and dreary. 

I decided to go with a creamy chocolate accent wall (Martha Stewart Living Snail Shell).


In this picture you can really see how boring of a color it was!

Then for the rest of the walls, including the kitchen, I chose a warm vanilla color (Glidden's Tawny Birch) to liven things up.
sorry this is so dark!
This was before we received our appliances.
The change was immediate! It looked like we had added new lighting to the whole area.

The next step was the office. The blinding LEMON YELLOW gave a yellow hue to the entire second floor of  our house! 

I chose a neutral khaki color (Behr's  Plateau) to bring a calming sensation to our workspace.


Now all I need to do is hang up some pictures and do some staging! Things are really starting to come along!

No comments:

Post a Comment